Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Boldly Going Where I haven't gone since, like, 5th grade

An article in Wired has encouraged me to get back into learning about space. A video game baron decided to take his life savings, about 20 million, and pay the Russians to tag along on a mission to space. They get funding and he gets a nearly impossible-to-get opportunity. I thoroughly enjoyed the article.

To go along with this, my daughters love the moon and the stars. 20-month-old daughter Sydney will sit on the back porch with me, point at the night sky, and say 'moo! moo! tar! tar!' I love to learn about these types of things so that I can then teach them.

I finally got a chance to read a book I received about two years ago, 'Riding Rockets' by Mike Mullane. This book is funny and pretty irreverent. Its kind of like your crazy uncle with no filter got a chance to be a shuttle astronaut and then wrote a book about.

I'm now reading 'This New Ocean'. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: